Monday, May 24, 2010

Days 4,5,6 :)

Friday was a good day.  Woke up on time, the day went by with ease, spent my evening at a movie and work wasn't bad at all. Saturday I woke up with a great attitude, until I started to try on clothes.  Well at first I put on a cute halter top.. thought I was lookin' hot.. make up was perfect and God said.. seriously.. you are going to go out looking like that?  So when people look at you they will see what?  So I agreed because I do not care for the oogling eyes of men.  Unfourtunately.. nothing in my closet looked good ( or so the devil said ) and I almost had a full on breakdown.  John is patiently waiting because after all we are just going to a baseball game.  So after I am on the floor about to cry I just ask God to please help me find something, and that I knew HE was the only one I had to please anyway.  I sat up.  Grabbed a shirt and jeans and off we went.  I swear- After things like that happen I feel so ignorant.  I don't understand it.  I asked John why he never got that upset.  He said sometimes he does.  His problem was similar in nature.  We talked about how insane the world's standards are and how they make us feel.  The God of the Cosmos loves us.. wants us to always strive to be the best we can be.. but for His glory. NOT OURS.  So Saturday was good.  We walked around an unfamiliar town, up hills and to the game.. not really exercise but we did eat lots of unhealthy ball park food.  :(  Sunday we woke up, tired from the day before, but ready to hear God!  Church was amazing. I went to visit the youth ministry and really feel God tugging me that way.  The thing is, I haven't spent much time with Him.  On the ride to the game on Saturday for about 5 mins I dedicated myself to prayer.  Not enough.  The rest of the weekend was spent with lil prayers here and there.  There is a lot going on in my life right now and many doors can pop open all at once.  I have got to set aside time to discuss all this with God.  I promise you readers that I will be honest.  I can't promise that I will be perfect, or someone to model after or someone who is completely disciplined.. but I will try and share my journey with you.  Sunday's message was about courage.  It is scary to follow a God who leads you down paths that make no sense at times, that will tell you to tell strangers about Him, that will ask you to stop what you are doing and pray or get on your knees.. It's a little frightening.  What is ever more frightening is a life where His direction is no where to be found, a roaming of the earth with no hope for a future or for meaning.  It may be scary to follow such a God, but it is amazing and fulfilling and exciting and worth every single pitter patter in our chest when we see His will being done.  Am I right or am I right??

So weekend was ok, but definitly not courageous or disciplined.  I know that the weekend coming up will prove difficult as I will be at Mom's ( which means I can choose to be as spoiled as I want ) but I believe God would like me to resist that temptation.  :)

1 Peter 1:13-19
13 So think clearly and exercise self-control. Look forward to the gracious salvation that will come to you when Jesus Christ is revealed to the world. 14 So you must live as God’s obedient children. Don’t slip back into your old ways of living to satisfy your own desires. You didn’t know any better then. 15 But now you must be holy in everything you do, just as God who chose you is holy. 16 For the Scriptures say, “You must be holy because I am holy.


17 And remember that the heavenly Father to whom you pray has no favorites. He will judge or reward you according to what you do. So you must live in reverent fear of him during your time as “foreigners in the land.” 18 For you know that God paid a ransom to save you from the empty life you inherited from your ancestors. And the ransom he paid was not mere gold or silver. 19 It was the precious blood of Christ, the sinless, spotless Lamb of God.

love H

No comments:

Post a Comment